2018-05-21

Two Days at Coquina

This past weekend saw a double header at Coquina Beach south of Nags Head.  Strong S/SSW wind on tap provided fun wavesailing conditions complemented by a little swell in town.  Surf Saturday ranged waist to head, while Sunday was smaller in the waist to chest average.  The tide lined up well with afternoon sessions each day providing waves on the mid/outer sandbar.

I was solo both days, but there were plenty of weekend beachgoers to watch the show.  Always enjoy when I come in after the session, and folks note how "awesome" the action was, how they never saw anything like it, and "...how much does that "kiteboard" cost?."  :)

All in all, a fun two days, perfect for my "green" condition, given I have not been wavesailing at the frequency of past years!  Though two more entries for the May calendar..., hopefully the next session will not be too far off...just need another swell complemented with the S/SSW wind?! 

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky. When I come in, people want to know how much my parasail cost. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home