2006-10-30

What I Missed at Hatteras Inlet

I just received some shots of what I missed yesterday at Hatteras Inlet. The winds were reported as strong from the WSW most of the day according to the Frisco Pier IWS wind meter; however, all other meters on the OBX were reporting marginal wind conditions. I did not think the winds would last so I bailed on the 1.5 hr drive from Nags Head to Hatteras Inlet. Big mistake! The winds actually ramped up late day, and when I would have arrived (~3:00pm), it was solid 4.7m (25 to 30 mph)! Oh well for me... I am glad Keith, Caleb, Jim, George, and a few others made it out and had a blast! Conditions were sloppy but the wind was cranking and the jumps were reported as extremely fun!

Perhaps this coming weekend?? NE is in the long term forecast...

Here are some more shots from yesterday:
Photographer: Martine McCulloch


Caleb coming in, Jim heading out!


Caleb on a sloppy one!


Caleb continuing on the sloppy one!


Kiteboard George kicking over a wave


Keith M backwinded on the wave


Caleb on the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home