2007-07-05

SW at Salvo Ramp

SW winds ramped up throughout today on the OBX. Salvo Ramp was the call, and Keith, Jim, Caleb, Dan, and I enjoyed up and down wind velocity during the wavesailing session. Everything from 15 to 30 mph was thrown at us! I rigged a 4.7m and was powered most of the time, but there were many lulls out there. The surf ranged from waist to chest high, and water temps were in the upper 70s. Great for board trunks and sunscreen! Note, in the video the white stuff on my face is BullFrog 45 spf.

Looks like more of the same in store for tomorrow. Stay tuned!

GoPro Video Report:

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger PeconicPuffin said...

The video looks great...in particular the wave sailing at the top. Nice...how do you have the camera mounted?

Can't make out what you're saying at the top, other than "it's windy" though.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Yea, the audio remains a little rough since I still have not been successful in updating the camera software which fixes the static. Perhaps for the next report, I will use my other camera for the beach side commentary video, and then the GoPro for the water action.

The camera mount in this video is just above the boom. I use water line plumbing insulation foam as a shock absorber and then strap the camera around the mast. This seems to be the best overall setup for attaching the GoPro to the rig. Easy access to the camera while sailing, and you can rotate it on the mast to get shots of you sailing or of what's out in front of you.

Looks like another windy forecast on tap today. Hopefully, the waves may be bigger?!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger PeconicPuffin said...

Have a good one!
Meanwhile, here is my confessional as to my no-show OBX Spring.

October or bust!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger BOBXNC said...

That sir, is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home